From the Melanin Man:
A fellow blogger, Luminous Life Links , nominated me for an award recently, The Sunshine Blogger Award. I love that title! It’s nice to know that I am able to relate and connect with people at this stage in my life. That means my blogging efforts are not in vain. Here a description of the award:
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given from one blogger to another as a way to promote community and boost moral. Bloggers give this award to an equal whom they feel embody creativity and talent.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 question asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your post.
My Questions and Answers:
- What is your biggest accomplishment to date? Besides my kids, writing a semi-memoir/novel that I’m in the process of editing. Hopefully I can get it published by the end of this summer.
- Who in your life has influenced you the most? My mom first in my adolescence, then I would say more recently my mentor TB (his initials) who influenced and encouraged me to go down the current path I’m one.
- What is one of your hidden talents? It’s more so that I don’t use it often than being hidden, but I’m a decent singer.
- If you could have donate 100k to any charity of your choice, which charity would it be and why? I would rather donate my time and energy than money. I value the sweat equity. Plus I don’t trust charities no ways.
- Name one thing you want to do before you die. I want to go skydiving once before I leave this plane.
- Name a guilty pleasure. I won’t be too deep today LOL so I ‘ll go the food route: Red velvet cake and Cool Ranch Doritos.
- What is your biggest insecurity? Did you overcome it? How? Honestly over the last two years I’ve kept my insecurities in check, but if I had to pick one that gets me every now and then, I would say my body weight of course. I have control of it mostly, but there are times when I have to avoid being naked in front of the mirror or I’ll become self-conscious. The mirror is the worst invention EVER I tell ya!!!
- How did you come up with your blog name? I wanted a name that punctuated the essence of me and the mindset I wanted to have, thus birthed The Melanin Man.
- How long have you been blogging? A little over two years.
- What is up next for your blog? I talked about health, diet, and world affairs as it concerned Black folk when I first started. But now looking to move toward more melanin and spritiual/metaphysical content.
- Where do you see your blog and yourself in the next 6 months to a year? Still alive and well hopefully LOL the blog and me ;-). I see myself becoming even more detached emotionally and spiritually from the madness/matrix/illusion. For me personally that’s the only logical step at this point on my journey.
Here are 11 of my favorite blogs (in no particular order). Thank you for sharing yourself and inspiring me to be a better me! Your blood, sweat, and words are not in vain, fam.
Show them some love when you have a chance:
- Kushite Empire, Kushite Prince
- black burgundy, Kelley
- diary of a negress
- Whispers of a Womanist, C.C. Saunders
- kindfeelings, JajaWallace
- shelbycourtland, Shelby Courtland
- Aisle C
- 25, Black, and Alive, Cliff Green
- Luminous Life Links (I may not suppose to re-nominate the person who nominated me, but I like your blog a lot! lol.)
Nominees: Please see the rules above. After you compose your blog post and answer the 11 questions, please come back to this post and comment with the URL for your post. Also, feel free to share any thoughts about this experience.
Here’s the 11 questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- If blogging did not exist, what other avenues would you use to express yourself?
- What is the biggest regret that you have? Can you rectify it?
- What is the one place you haven’t visited that you would want to visit?
- Name one skill you would like to master before you die.
- If you could pick one blogger you would want to meet in person, who would it be?
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself?
- What animal describes you best?
- Whose had the greatest impact in your life?
- What does being Black mean to you?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Review the rules before writing your post (if you decide to do so LOL!)
Enjoy your day, fam!
Peace and Love to my melanated family,
The Melanin Man