From the Melanated Man:
What is Monosodium Glutamate, famously known as MSG?
“Monosodium glutamate is a salt of the amino acid Glutamate Acid, one of the most abundant naturally occurring non-essential amino acids (building blocks of DNA”)
Basically the salt molecule of the Glutamate Acid is a taste receptor. Glutamate acid is detected by our taste buds to signal the presence of protein in food; the purpose being to discern real food from UNREAL FOOD.
Discerning nutrition (LIGHT) over taste (A MOMENTARY PLEASURE or “HIGH.”)
Yet the food industry has figured out a way to create synthetic MSG (PROCESSED) by hydrolyzing vegetable protein or fermentation of glucose from starchy foods like potatoes.
Remember…food nutrients extracted from their natural sources is a DRUG.
Synthetic MSG is used in foods such as Americanized Chinese, Korean, Japanese foods as well many, many PROCESSED, REFINED, AND DENATURED FOODS sold in restaurants and your local supermarkets.
Synthetic MSG tricks your tongue into thinking that certain foods are nutritious when there isn’t ANY nutrition; it initiates your pancreas to produce insulin when it is not needed…
BECAUSE THERE ISN’T ANY NUTRITION IN THE SHIT!
Thus, your blood sugar drops due to the insulin influx.
Sounds like the beginning of Type II Diabetes, right?
What are the symptoms of consuming large amounts of MSG?
- burning sensation in the back of the neck, forearms and chest
- numbness in the back of the neck, radiating to the arms and back
- tingling, warmth and weakness in the face, temples, upper back, neck and arms
- facial pressure or tightness
- chest pain
- rapid heartbeat
- bronchitis (difficulty breathing) in MSG-intolerant people with asthma
What foods and ingredients contain high amounts of synthetic MSG?
(This is SMALL list…relatively speaking.)
Food and beverages
- Foods sold at FAST FOOD restaurants: ALL chicken products, ALL Sausage products, Parmesan, Ranch Dressings, Croutons, ALL Dipping Sauces, ALL Gravies, ALL Tomatoes and Mushroom soups
- Taco Bell® – seasoned meat – contains autolyzed yeast – which contains free glutamate
- Other menu items that contain soy sauce, natural flavors, autolyzed yeast or hydrolyzed protein which can contain up to 20% free glutamate acid – the active part of MSG.
- Hamburger Helper Microwave Singles® (targeted towards children)
- Campbell’s® soups – all of them
- Pringles® (the flavored varieties)
- Boar’s Head® cold cuts and most of their hot dogs
- Progresso® Soups – all of them
- Lipton® Noodles and Sauce
- Lipton® Instant soup mix
- Unilever or Knhttp://www.msgtruth.org/orr® products – often used in homemade Veggie dips.
- Kraft® products nearly all contain some free glutamate
- Gravy Master®
- Cup-a-soup® or Cup-o-Noodles®
- Planters® salted nuts – most of them
- Accent® -this is nearly pure MSG
- Braggs® Liquid Aminos – sold at Whole Foods
- Hodgson Mill Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour®
- Tangle extract (seaweed extract) – found in sushi rolls (even at Whole Foods) Seaweed is what MSG was first isolated from.
- Fish extract – made from decomposed fish protein – used now in Japanese sushi dishes – very high in free glutamate.
- sausages – most supermarkets add MSG to theirs
- processed cheese spread
- supermarket poultry or turkeys that are injected or “self-basting”
- restaurant gravy from food service cans
- flavored ramen noodles
- instant soup mixes
- many salad dressings
- most salty, powdered dry food mixes – read labels
- flavored potato chips
- restaurant soups made from food service soup base or with added MSG
- beet juice – it is used as a coloring, but MSG is manufactured from beets and the extract may contain free glutamate acid – Yo Baby – organic baby yogurt has just changed the formula to include beet extract
- Worcestershire sauce
- dough conditioners
- malted barley flour – found in many supermarket breads and all-purpose flours including: King Arthur, Heckers, and Gold Medal flour
- body builder drink powders containing protein
- Parmesan cheese – naturally high in free glutamate
- Medications in gelcaps – contain free glutamate acid in the gelatin
- Cosmetics and shampoos – some now contain glutamate acid
- Fresh produce sprayed with Auxigro in the field.
- yeast extract
- yeast food or nutrient
- soy protein isolate
- soy sauce
- texture protein
- dry milk and whey powder
- Kombu extract
- texture protein
- “natural flavors” – may contain up to 20% MSG
- sodium caseinate
- calcium caseinate
- monopotassium glutamate
- glutamate acid
- bouillon – any kind
- Enzyme Modified
- Anything with “enzymes” listed
- Anything with “seasonings” listed
- hydrolyzed vegetable protein (found in many processed AMERICAN foods, like canned tuna and even hot dogs)
- hydrolyzed plant protein (found in many processed AMERICAN foods, like canned tuna and even hot dogs)
- autolyzed yeast (found in many processed AMERICAN foods, read labels)
- malted barley
- Protein concentrate
Some things to consider when you’re eating a Big Mac or Chick Fil’a Sandwich:
- The FDA admits that MSG has been proven to induce asthma attacks in certain individuals.
- Asthma deaths have increased with the increased use of MSG in the US food supply.
- Childhood allergies have increased with the increased use of MSG in the US food supply.
- Glutamate induces epileptic seizures.
- Glutamate increases histamine response.
- Glutamate is found in large amounts in gluten, and casein (wheat and milk proteins)
- Both Mercury and glutamate acid are still found in certain vaccines. Vaccines are suspected of being an environmental trigger for autism in children.
- Obesity and Type II Diabetes have increased to epidemic levels in the US in children since the introduction of MSG into the American diet. Type II Diabetes has actually DOUBLED in the past 30 years in the U.S.
The food industry is a HUGE contradiction. I am advocate for black-melanated people growing and producing our own food; we will know WHAT and HOW our food is produced.
When you don’t have control of where your food comes from, you hold yourself hostage to the trappings of others.
But we first have to wean ourselves off this drug called MSG.
REHABILITATE! RECOVER! THEN REBUILD!
Hope this information helps you in some capacity.
Peace and Love to my melanated family,
The Melanated Man