I found this list intriguing. Although I agree with the sentiment that “born-again” Melanin-Dominant conscious folk seem to concern themselves with the petty divides such as homosexuality, IMO there are other myths that could have been added instead of focusing the majority of the list on that one topic, maybe such as “we are descendants of kings and queens” motto, or that all knowledge begins and ends with Ancient Egypt. Also I have an issue with the 1st myth listed, but I’m researching it for myself as well. There may some truth to it. Nonetheless it was a pretty solid list.
Article posted on ThyBlackMan.com (click link for original)
One of the biggest issues I personally have with pseudo-conscious people in our community is that they don’t take the time to truly read and understand things about history and life because they see things from a very skewed perspective of reality.
Intro: Here are the biggest myths that pseudo-conscious people often perpetuate.
1. Homosexuals Can’t Reproduce – I used to buy into this myth that “homosexuals can’t reproduce” until I started to deeply study the actual history of homosexuality and was shocked at what I found.
Excerpt – More recently however, historians, anthropologists, and sociologists have revealed a far more complex reality.
Anthropological data are astonishingly consistent: For the most part, homosexual relationships have been perfectly compatible with the reproductive duty. This was true across the board in antiquity, from Greece to Japan and from Australia to Central America, in the Islamic world, and probably any civilization prior to European colonization. Trans people, who were attributed or granted the right to adopt the opposite or a third gender, were the only exceptions to this rule. The Native Indian two-spirit, the Indian hijra, and the Hawaiian m?h?s were all exempted from the reproductive duty… yet their male partners weren’t. As for lesbians, they were almost universally coerced into marrying. As a result, lesbian relationships remained mostly invisible throughout history. In Christian Europe, sodomites were forced to hide from the public eye. Unless they opted for priesthood, they too married and procreated. Remember that Oscar Wilde had two sons.
2. Homosexuality Is Only Exclusive To European Culture – This is another myth that pseudo-conscious people often perpetuate because they fail to deeply study other cultures that did it before European colonization.
Except – Homosexual acts were actually happening from Greece to Japan and from Australia to Central America, in the Islamic world, and probably any civilization prior to European colonization.
3. Mainstream Media & GMO Foods Are The Main Reason Why Some Brothers Are Turning Gay – One of the biggest myths that pseudo-conscious people often perpetuate on social media is that gmo foods and mainstream media are the main reasons why some brothers are turning gay, but while it may hold some merit, but this statement is far from the truth because there is a much bigger reason why some brothers these days are turning gay that pseudo-conscious people deliberately won’t talk about or even acknowledge.
Here is the much bigger reason why some brothers are turning gay these days.
Excerpt: “One of the much bigger reasons why some brothers are turning gay is because a lot of them are being vulnerable to being molested by their mother’s boyfriends or other relatives because the mother isn’t even aware in many cases of this even happening. I’ve seen this in a lot of crime stories.”
4. They “Love” Their Brothers And Sisters – This is far from the truth because when pseudo-conscious people say that they “love” their brothers and sisters, they don’t actually mean it because in many cases, I have seen them engage in bullying and subjugation of other groups of brothers and sisters to the point of hating them and it greatly sickens me.
5. Homosexuality Is “Destroying” Our Community – I definitely don’t agree with this statement because it’s far from the truth because what these pseudo-conscious people fail to even understand is that most brothers in this country like myself aren’t and don’t wanna be a homosexual because we are proud to be strong heterosexual men and most brothers are currently married to the sisters. And besides, The War On Drugs and mass incarceration have done far more harm and severe destruction to the brothers over the past few decades than homosexuality will ever do and that’s the truth.
6. Light Brown Skin Doesn’t Represent Melanin – I often hear pseudo-conscious people say that light brown skin people don’t represent Melanin people, that’s also a myth because they fail to truly understand than melanin not only comes from every living thing on the planet, but all shades of brown are representative of melanin.
The Conclusion – If we wanna destroy parasitic capitalism, we must end these petty divides and unite together as African people.
Staff Writer; Kwame Shakir (aka Joe D.)
He made some very interesting points. Although I don’t totally agree with the homosexual angle. But also he kind of made some generalizations of pro-black conscious people. Much the same way people talk about “fake Hoteps”. They take one angle and run with it as though it represents ALL conscious people. ` I battle with this constantly on my blog. But overall it was a good post.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Yeah I’m still bugging on the homosexuality bit lol
LikeLiked by 2 people
For me, I was raised in California which is pretty “gay friendly” There us alot of covert racism in the gay community. It’s crazy. In my eyes we are all black and if we don’t want a dominate society tearing us apart then we must support things that we don’t agree with at times. I could wake up tomorrow and say “brotha, I am a transgender and want to be identify as a black woman.” But I’m still black. I can change my sexual orientation but never ancestry. This post is a brilliant expose of consciousness vs arm chair activism and the homosexual stigma amongst black men. ✌
I really like this post. I think the LGBTQ+ community deserves our support, because sexual identity HAS biological reasoning. We can find examples in other forms of nature. Thanks MM.
LikeLiked by 1 person